We are 7 days from Thanksgiving and people have been asking me for strategies to make it through the holidays. So, below are my top 5 holiday tips for a simple, guilt-free, and happy holiday.
Ani’s 5 Thanksgiving Survival Tips
- Eat breakfast and don’t skip meals on Thanksgiving because chances are you’ll be super famished and overeat at dinner.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Try starting everyday with a liter of filtered water, adding lemon if you’d like.
- Start burning excess calories today! Add on an extra 20 minutes of walking daily. Over the next seven days, that will create a deficit of about 500 calories for me at 132lbs.
- Get outside and do something active before dinner to rev up your metabolism and get your blood pumping. Go on a walk or hike, hit the gym, or do some yoga.
- At dinner, follow the 80/20 rule. Enjoy all the dishes you’d like, but bulk up on the healthier options like vegetables and salad. Fill 80% of your plate with the healthier stuff, and 20% with the heavier treats you look forward to all year.
Last Article Update: Friday, June 18, 2021